Malibu Sunset Cocktail is a fruity Hawaiian-inspired cocktail that combines pineapple juice, coconut rum such as Malibu Rum, and maraschino cherries and their juice for a beautiful and fruity rum cocktail. Whether you are looking for a fruity pool-side drink or a simple coconut rum cocktail, this Malibu sunset drink is perfect.
What is in a Malibu Sunset Drink?
- Coconut Rum
- Pineapple Juice
- Maraschino Cherries + Juice
How to Make a Malibu Sunset Drink?
Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Then either combine the Malibu rum and pineapple juice in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake the cocktail. Or begin by pouring the Malibu rum over the ice in the glass followed by the pineapple juice. Stir the pineapple juice and rum together. Then drizzle a teaspoon of the cherry juice from the maraschino cherry jar over the rum and pineapple juice.
Garnish the cocktail with several maraschino cherries.
Can you make this cocktail in bulk? Of course, it can. Just mix the Malibu rum and pineapple juice together in the same ratio. I would recommend drizzling the cherry juice for each glass instead of the pitcher though.
Malibu Rum Cocktails
Malibu Sunset Drink
- 1 shot Malibu Rum or Coconut Rum
- 2 shots PIneapple juice
- 1 teaspoon cherry juice from Maraschino Cherries
- 2 Maraschino Cherries
- Combine the Malibu rum and pineapple juice with ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake to combine.
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Pour the coconut rum and pineapple juice over the ice.
- Slowly pour the cherry juice or grenadine into the cocktail. Then top off with maraschino cherries.