Amaretto loves will love this festive and fruity cocktail. Cherry amaretto limeade cocktail is a sweet and sour cocktail that is perfect for parties where you need a simple cocktail everyone will enjoy. This cocktail only uses amaretto in it so it also isn't a super strong cocktail.
Amaretto is an almond flavor liquor. People who don't love strong cocktails with whiskey, gin or vodka, tend to enjoy amaretto cocktails. I love almond-flavored anything, so naturally, I am drawn to amaretto. I also have a signature amaretto stone sour which tends to be everyone's first amaretto cocktail.
What is in a cherry amaretto limeade cocktail?
- Amaretto - Use the brand of your liking. If you are looking for a recommendation, go with Disaronno amaretto.
- Limeade - Frozen limeade can be used in this cocktail. If you have limeade like Simply limeade available in your grocery stores, that works too.
- Cherries - Traditional maraschino cherries will work for this. However, I have recently fallen in love with the Luxardo cherries. While they are expensive, they are so worth it.
How to Make a Cherry Limeade Amaretto Cocktail?
To make this fruity amaretto cocktail, begin by mixing the limeade, amaretto, and cherry juice in a cocktail shaker. If you are using frozen limeade, make the limeade according to the directions on the can.
Shake the ingredients together for 15-20 seconds. Then fill a cocktail glass with ice. Pour the cherry amaretto limeade cocktail through a strainer.
Garnish the amaretto cocktail cherries. I recommend garnishing in the cocktail.
And adding more cherries to the top of the cocktail. I used the Luxardo cherries with a metal cocktail pick.
This cocktail is delicious. Easy to make and great for people looking for a not so strong cocktail.
Amaretto Cocktail Recipes
Looking for more amaretto cocktails? I have plenty of great amaretto cocktails.
Cherry Amaretto Limeade Cocktail
- 2 shots Amaretto
- 2 shots limeade
- 1 ounce cherry juice
- Luxardo cherries and lime Slices for garnish
- Fill a cocktail mixer with ice. Pour the amaretto, limeade, and cherry juice over the ice.
- Shake to combine. Pour over ice into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and lime slices.