The apple cider season is upon us. Even though hot apple cider and caramel vodka cider are all the rage, I still like a good apple cider sangria. Since I love my prosecco this sparkling ginger apple cider sangria combines two of my loves into one awesome sangria.
Sparkling ginger apple cider sangria is the rich flavors of apple cider, ginger liqueur, prosecco with hints of lemon and pomegranate for a satisfying fall sangria recipe. After these apple, lemon, and pomegranate arils soak in apple cider, prosecco, and ginger liqueur, the flavors combine for a rich fall sangria.
Sparkling Ginger Apple Cider Sangria Ingredients
It was actually a bottle of the ginger liqueur from a friend of mine. She thought the bottle was pretty and figured I could come up with a great cocktail with it. She was not wrong. I am in love with this liqueur. In addition to ginger liqueur have the following ingredients to make this holiday sangria:
- amaretto - your favorite amaretto will work for this recipe.
- Prosecco - any sparkling wine will work but I always default to Prosecco.
- apple cider - this time of year apple cider is always available. In a pinch apple juice can be substituted.
- apple - what is a sangria without fruit. Peel and slice or dice up apples for this sangria recipe.
- pomegranate arils - now pomegranate offers interesting flavor pairing with apples. The arils offer a fun addition to the sangria while also offering the flavors of pomegranate juice.
- lemon - more fruit and lemon is my preference over other citrus flavors.
- ginger ale - because we need to add to the ginger flavors the ginger liqueur is offering.
How to Make Apple Cider Sangria
Cut up the apple and slice the lemon before dropping into a glass pitcher. Pour the pomegranate arils over the apples and lemons.
When you pull this sparkling white wine sangria out of the fridge your guests will be waiting with empty glasses to fill. This sangria is so surprising with all the flavors coming together. Top the sangria off with the ginger ale and serve immediately with the fruit as a garnish.
Sparkling Ginger Apple Cider Sangria
- 2 cups apple cider
- ⅓ cup ginger liqueur
- ½ cup amaretto
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 1 apple, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 ½ cup ginger ale
- In a glass pitcher, combine the chopped apples, sliced lemons, and pomegranate arils.
- Pour the ginger liqueur, amaretto, prosecco, and apple cider over the fruit.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Top the sangria off with the ginger ale and serve with fruit as a garnish.