Cosmopolitans are the classic martini for people who want a strong drink but don't want to drink straight vodka and vermouth. The pretty pink color makes it a fun drink to have in your hand too. When you are looking for a pretty in pink cocktail it is the perfect pitcher of Cosmpolitan Martinis that comes in clutch. The Poolside Cosmos is truly best enjoyed with your friends around the pool, lakeside, or on the beach.
Poolside Cosmos is a four-ingredient vodka cocktail with lime slice garnishes that can be made by the pitcher so you don't have to be making your cocktails over and over. Buying already-made juices also make this cocktail super easy to make.
Poolside Cosmo Ingredients
Four simple ingredients to bring this must make girls' night cocktail to life. The base flavors for this cocktail are both sweet and sour with a little bitter from the vodka.
- Cranberry Juice - 100% juice is my preference. Sugar makes the hangover worse. Juice all by itself has plenty of sugars in it the way it is. Plus, sugar will be coming into the cocktail in other ingredients.
- Limeade - Simply juices are my jam. Simply limeade is always in the fridge since it is my go-to for the perfect margarita recipe. It is also the base of the Moscow Mule Punch.
- Vodka - Your favorite vodka. My always dependable vodka of choice is Titos. Don't go too cheap on the booze.
- Triple Sec - Orange Liqueur is a must to bring the flavors together. Triple Sec is my preference but you can also use Cointreau.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Cosmopolitans by the Pitcher
Make the cosmopolitan punch by mixing everything in a tall pitcher. I love how it looks in a glass pitcher.
Combine all the juices and liquor in the glass pitcher
Slice two limes and add the limes to the pitcher of cosmopolitans.
The color of the poolside cosmo is a rich pink color. Perfect for a bachelorette party or wedding shower. But it does not have to be a special occasion to make a pitcher of cosmos. Make it because it is Saturday by the pool.
Tips for Making Stronger Cocktails
The heat of the summer can quickly make your cocktails warm. Here are a few tips for keeping your cocktails cool.
- Freeze your Booze - Keep your vodka and triple sec in the freezer in the summer. It will make your booze more syrupy but the cocktail is ice cold.
- Chill your Juices - Always have your mixers in the fridge. This means your juices too. Don't just keep your unopened juices on the shelf.
- Refrigerate your Fruit - When using citrus, pop it in the fridge to chill it as well. It can act as ice cubes. While this recipe doesn't call for non-citrus fruit, using frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit also helps keep drinks chilled.
Keep this cosmo punch covered and chilled until you are ready to drink. Since there is no carbonation, this cocktail can stay in the fridge for 24 hours and remain delicious. I would not keep the poolside cosmos for more than two days.
More Poolside Cocktail Ideas
Searching for the perfect poolside cocktail recipes? Here are a few large batch cocktails you can make by the pitcher or drink cooler full.
- 4 cups Simply Limeade
- 1 cup Cranberry Juice
- 2 cups Vodka
- ½ cup Triple Sec
- 2 limes
- Slice the two limes. Place the lime slices in the bottom of a large pitcher or drink dispenser.
- Pour the vodka and triple sec into the pitcher. Top off with the limeade and cranberry juice. Stir to combine and chill until ready to serve.
- Use lime slices as a garnish in the martini glasses