My kids love a good old kiddie cocktail or Shirley Temple drink when we eat out. They always want extra cherries in their drinks too. They are obsessed with the maraschino cherries. I literally buy them in four pound tubs now. Then I have to hide them deep in cabinets and behind literally everything in the fridge. If I don’t, then when I go to make something with the cherries, they will be gone. They are always sweet enough to leave the juice and jar behind though.The old school Shirley Temple has orange juice, lemon-lime soda with cherry syrup and cherries of course. So, when I had a bottle of Orange Crush it instantly hit me, this would make an even better Shirley Temple. The results were nothing short of refreshing.
The simple Orange Crush Shirley Temple recipe is simple. Fill a glass with ice and then pour Orange crush over the ice leaving room for cherry syrup from the maraschino cherries. Add the juice and multiple cherries. If a few a cherries are good then a lot of cherries are great.
Stir with a straw and enjoy. Go ahead and make one for yourself. I know you want to. After all, we all deserve to have a few kiddie drinks every now and then. Plus you need to find out if this is just as good as the original Shirley Temple kiddie cocktail.
Orange Crush Shirley Temple
- 1 cup Orange Crush
- 2 Tablespoons juice from maraschino cherries
- 3-4 Maraschino Cherries
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour Orange Crush over top the ice leaving room for cherry juice.
- Add cherries and and cherry juice.
- Stir with a straw and enjoy.
- Toasted Coconut Rum Pineapple Cream Cocktail - December 19, 2020
- French Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix – Mason Jar Drink Mix Gift - December 7, 2020
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Rum Cocktail – Pink Drink Cocktail - November 27, 2020