Have you ever tasted something that made you taste the way a holiday should? For me, the warm cinnamon flavor with the sweet orange, apple and cranberry and essence of rosemary brought this Fireball Sangria right to Christmas Day. It is the perfect cinnamon white wine sangria that you can drink from thanksgiving until Christmas.
What goes in a apple cinnamon white wine sangria?
Like all my Sangria recipes, the base of this cinnamon white wine sangria is all about the fruit, white, and juice. For this sangria, you will need the following ingredients:
- Fruit - I used apple, orange, lime, fresh cranberries. Frozen cranberries could be used in this. Frozen cherries would also be amazing in this cinnamon sangria.
- Fireball Whisky - There is no substitute for this in my opinion. However, in a pinch cinnamon schnapps or Goldschlagger can be used.
- Triple Sec - Orange liquor of some sort. Cointreau is also a viable option here. If you have orange flavored vodka, this could work too.
- Sauvignon Blanc - White wine of any sort is fine, I just like the crispness of a sauvignon blanc. If you like sweeter sangrias, a riesling or moscato wine could also be used. I would avoid an oaked chardonnay as the oakiness may over power the cinnamon.
- Rosemary - I know rosemary is a unique flavor, but it still matters.
Come to momma Christmas Sangria. I added the fruit to a large glass pitcher.
How to Make a Fireball Sangria
This sangria is made by simply peeling and slicing the apples, slicing the oranges and limes. No need to cut the cranberries unless you want to really infuse more cranberry flavors into the sangria. Dump all of the fruit and the rosemary into the large glass pitcher.
Over the top of the fruit, dump the Fireball, triple sec and wine. Stir to combine the wine and the fruit.
Then you wait. Cover the pitcher and stick it in the fridge and go distract yourself folding laundry or decorating your Christmas tree or watching some Christmas movie on the Hallmark station. The waiting allows the flavors to marry. This marriage in the Fireball Christmas sangria is one that is worth the wait. I gave the marriage of flavors about four hours before I ended their peaceful time in the fridge. While the sangria was chilling, I also had the ginger ale chilling.
Then pour yourself a glass of Fireball sangria. Garnish with the sangria-soaked fruit. Go ahead and grab a spoon and spoon it out of it won't pour out. Add a sprig of rosemary. Go ahead and be fancy. The rosemary makes it feel even more like Christmas.
Making the holidays more festive with fun drinks, is always something I support doing. Don't forget about making drinks for the kids too. Here are few great drink ideas for all your holiday celebrations.
Orange Cranberry Vodka Cocktail - Christmas Eve Cocktail
More Great Sangria Recipes
Sparkling Ginger Apple Cider Sangria
- 1 whole orange sliced with peel on
- 1 whole lime sliced with the peel on
- 1 whole apple peeled and sliced
- 2 cups cranberries with ½ cup chhopped in half or quarters
- 3-4 stems rosemary
- 1 bottle sauvignon blanc
- ¼ cup fireball whisky
- ½ cup triple sec
- 1 cup ginger ale
- Put fruit and rosemary in a pitcher.
- Pour wine, liquor over fruit. Refrigerate for two to four hours.
- Pour ginger ale into pitcher and serve with fruit and rosemary as garnish.
Find other great recipes on the Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday
- Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail - October 7, 2022
- Apple Cider Amaretto Sour - September 30, 2022
- Island Lemonade Punch - August 21, 2022
Do you use a 750 ml or 1.5 L bottle of wine for this recipe?
I use 750 ml bottles in my recipes, including this one.
Sounds wonderful! Can I soak the fruit and alcohol overnight and add the ginger ale before serving?
Yes, You can absolutely soak the fruit overnight in the alcohol. Enjoy!
Kick off your summer with the ultimate sangria- featuring Fireball Whiskey for an extra punched up flavor.
Would this also work well with red wine like Cabernet
It would! It will just be a dryer version.
People are like how do make it so delicious try it I am going to try to drink it I was like wow delicious I am going to keep making some and drink to and selling it