As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For all things fall, apple drinks are one of my favorite. But, again I want the drinks to not be too sweet. This apple sangria recipe gives me the rich flavors of fall without being a hot drink or overly sweet. Trust me, I don’t do sweet sangria.
Over on Beyer Beware, I have blogged about my love of the Honey Crisp Apple Sangria. Well, thanks to my love of experimenting and my inability to let a good thing just be, I have taken this sangria, up a notch. But, somethings have not changed, the only way I drink Chardonnay is if it is unoaked.
The base fruit remains to be Apples (Honey Crisp is you have them), oranges, lemons, limes, cinnamon sticks. The wine remains the same with a good unoaked Chardonnay. If you don’t have an unoaked Chardonnay, use a Sauvignon Blanc. And the change you ask? Add vodka. If you want to make it a caramel apple sangria, use a caramel vodka.
For a richer flav,or your can add some cinnamon sticks, cloves or even some fresh ginger. And of course, I added some club soda to make it sparkling. If you want it a wee bit sweeter, add some honey. Don’t like sweet sangria, don’t. The best thing about sangria is you can make it as sweet or not as you want based on your likings.
Go ahead, go make yourself a big, old pitcher of sangria. Don’t have apples? Guess it is time to go for a little apple orchard visit. Going just got that more exciting. Now, momma has a reason to get some apples too.
- one 750-milliliter bottle unoaked chardonnay
- ½ cup vodka
- 3 tablespoons honey Optional
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- 2 honey crisp apples peeled and sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup club soda
- In a large bowl or pitcher, combine wine, vodka, honey, orange, lemon, lime, apple, and cinnamon sticks. Stir to combine and refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Add 1 cup of club soda to the wine and fruit. Pour wine into glasses. Garnish glass rims with cinnamon and sugar if you want to fancy it up a little.