Cranberry orange margaritas are the combination of orangecello and tequila with orange, cranberry and lime juices to make a margarita that tastes like Christmas. I would be tempted to call this the Christmas margarita. Cranberries and oranges just make me think of Christmas. But this cranberry orange margarita can easily be enjoyed all year long.
Much like the cranberry margaritas, these margaritas are easy to make festive with the addition of orange slices, limes or cranberries. It is a fun margarita to make and drink. Margaritas are truly the reason I buy all my fun glasses. Tall margarita glasses are always classic and perfect for any margarita.
Cranberry Orange Margarita Ingredients
The main components of my standard margarita recipe are present in this margarita cocktail recipe, just with a twist.
Here are the ingredients I used for cranberry orange margaritas.
- Milagro Tequila
- Hotel Tango Orangecello
- Cranberry Juice
- Lime Juice
- Orange Juice
- Salt for the rim
- Cranberries for the garnish
How to Make Cranberry Orange Margaritas
To make these margaritas, begin with a cocktail shaker with ice in it. Then squeeze half the orange and half the lime into the shaker. The combination of the remaining ingredients are 2 parts juice to 1 part tequila to ½ part orangecello. So for an individual margarita I did two double shots of cranberry juice, one double shot of tequila and one shot of orangecello.
Slice up the limes and run around the rim of the margarita glass. Then spin the rim of the glass through margarita salt. Fill your glass with ice then.
Shake the margarita in the shaker for 15-20 seconds until the outside of the shaker begins to form condensation. Then pour into the margarita glass.
Topping this cranberry orange margarita recipe with cranberries and a lime or orange slice complete this festive cocktail. It is perfect all year long but is a nice Christmas margarita.
Cranberry Orange Margaritas
- 6 ounces Cranberry Juice or 2 double shots
- 2 shots Tequila
- 1 shot Orangecello
- ½ orange, juiced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- Salt for glass rims optional
- Salt glass rim by running a slice of orange or lime and then spin the rim through salt, if salting. Fill glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Juice the orange and lime half into the shaker. Then add the cranberry juice, orangecello, and tequila.
- Shake the cocktail for 15-20 seconds until the shaker begins to form condensation.
- Pour Into glasses and garnish with limes and cranberries.