When a good friend of mine who happens to be a bourbon lover had a baby, I decided to treat her with some bourbon and coke pork chops to celebrate her new baby.
Naturally, I came up with this idea while driving home from work. That is what an hour commute to work will do for you. So, after a quick call home, the bourbon and coke had pork chops soaking in it. Of course, we were out of Coke. We may always have whiskey in our house, but Coca-Cola seems to always be gone. Luckily, gas stations are close by.
The marinade is just bourbon and coke. Four parts Coca-Cola to one part of the bourbon. Don’t have bourbon. That’s too bad. Ok, seriously, just use whiskey. It will be ok. Just not as smoky. But you will live.
The pork chops soaked for about two hours before hitting the grill. Before putting them on the grill, I seasoned the pork chops with some good ole seasoning salt. I love the spicy seasoning salt but if you want to just use the regular, that will work just fine too. I tend to use a ton of Penzy’s seasonings, so naturally, I use their seasoning salt too.
The thing with pork is our mother’s taught us to cook our pork till it was all white in the center. After all, it is the other white meat. BUT, stop doing it. Let your pork be pink. Please, just trust me. Grill or bake the pork chops till the inner temp is 155. Then remove from the grill or oven and let your meat rest. Yes. Meat must rest. Five minutes of resting and you are ready to eat.
Now, you can serve these pork chops with barbecue sauce, but why cover up the bourbon taste. Just dig into these bourbon and coke pork chops and maybe even hide one from your family so you can have some leftovers all to yourself.
Bourbon and Coke Pork Chops Recipe
Bourbon and Coke Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups of Coca-Cola
- 4 inch thick pork chops
- Seasoning salt
- Mix bourbon and Coca-Cola together. Place pork chops in pan or plastic bag. Pour bourbon and coke over top and marinade for at least one hour.
- When ready to cook, heat grill to 400 degrees.
- Season each side of the pork chop with seasoning salt.
- Place on grill and maintain grill at 350 degrees.
- Flip after cooking for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from grill when internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into the steak.
- Toasted Coconut Rum Pineapple Cream Cocktail - December 19, 2020
- French Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix – Mason Jar Drink Mix Gift - December 7, 2020
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Rum Cocktail – Pink Drink Cocktail - November 27, 2020