When a good friend of mine who happens to be a bourbon lover had a baby, I decided to treat her with some bourbon and coke pork chops to celebrate her new baby.
Naturally, I came up with this idea while driving home from work. That is what an hour commute to work will do for you. So, after a quick call home, the bourbon and coke had pork chops soaking in it. Of course, we were out of Coke. We may always have whiskey in our house, but Coca-Cola seems to always be gone. Luckily, gas stations are close by.
Ingredients for an Easy Bourbon Pork Chop Marinade
The bourbon pork chop marinade is just:
- Bourbon - Obviously Bourbon has a richer flavor from aging in barrels, but whiskey will work just fine too.
- Coke - It is a brand name but also a generic name for cola. Any regular cola will work. Don't use diet. The sugar is needed. If you use diet, maybe add some brown sugar to the marinade.
- Pork Chops - I like at least three-quarter-inch pork chops for the grill. Inch thick pork chops are the best.
- Seasoning Salt - The standard Lawry's seasoning salt will work. I love the smoky or spicy seasoning salt form Penzey's too.
How to Make Bourbon and Coke Marinaded Pork Chops
Four parts Coca-Cola to one part of the bourbon. The pork chops soaked for about two hours before hitting the grill. Before putting them on the grill, I seasoned the pork chops with some good ole seasoning salt. I love the spicy seasoning salt but if you want to just use the regular, that will work just fine too. I tend to use a ton of Penzy's seasonings, so naturally, I use their seasoning salt too.
The thing with pork is our mother's taught us to cook our pork till it was all white in the center. After all, it is the other white meat. BUT, stop doing it. Let your pork be pink. Please, just trust me. Grill or bake the pork chops till the inner temp is 155. Then remove from the grill or oven and let your meat rest. Yes. Meat must rest. Five minutes of resting and you are ready to eat.
Now, you can serve these pork chops with barbecue sauce, but why cover up the bourbon taste. Just dig into these bourbon and coke pork chops and maybe even hide one from your family so you can have some leftovers all to yourself.
Boozy Food Recipes
Grilled Margarita Chicken Wings
Whiskey Dogs - Bourbon Smoky Links
Bourbon and Coke Pork Chops
- ½ cup Bourbon
- 2 cups of Coca-Cola
- 4 inch thick pork chops
- Seasoning salt
- Mix bourbon and Coca-Cola together. Place pork chops in pan or plastic bag. Pour bourbon and coke over top and marinade for at least one hour.
- When ready to cook, heat grill to 400 degrees.
- Season each side of the pork chop with seasoning salt.
- Place on grill and maintain grill at 350 degrees.
- Flip after cooking for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from grill when internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into the steak.
- Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail - October 7, 2022
- Apple Cider Amaretto Sour - September 30, 2022
- Island Lemonade Punch - August 21, 2022
These were amazing! We forgot the season salt, but the chops still had great flavor. Thank you, LEAH!!