As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are going to cook with wine, you might as well use a whole stick of butter too. This shrimp scampi with white wine butter sauce is to die for. Plus it was ready in 20 minutes, this shrimp scampi recipe is a keeper.
I cook the shrimp in butter and garlic. Cook the shrimp till it is all pink. It will curl into a tighter curl as well. When it is cooked I add, white wine and lemon juice as well as red pepper flakes if you like it hot.
Let the wine reduce. When ready to serve garnish with Parmesan cheese. You can add parsley too if you want to be fancy. I am not fancy. Ok, I really just didn’t have any handy and the kids were hungry and the wine was getting warm. When it is ready, make it fancy.
- 2 pounds medium or large raw shrimp
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley optional
- Cook shrimp in garlic and butter till shrimp are completely pink.
- Add pepper flakes, wine and lemon juice. Cook till liquid reduces.
- When ready to serve sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Eat alone or serve over pasta.