My friend, Jent, has these tangy smoked sausages that are super addicting. It is meat eater crack. As I was craving them, I decided some bourbon added to the recipe would make a crock pot apple bourbon smokies recipe a near perfect recipe.
Crock Pot Apple Bourbon Smokies
This simple recipe for crock pot apple bourbon smokies has a whopping total of four ingredients.
The directions are just as simple.
- Cut open the cocktail sausages.
- Dump into 3-quart crock pot.
- Add 12-ounce jar of apple jelly – Not apple butter, it isn’t the same.
- Add 1/4 cup of spicy brown mustard
- Pour 1/4 cup of Jim Beam Apple Bourbon (or regular Jim Beam) over top.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
How simple is that recipe? Keep them on warm and enjoy them throughout your whole family get-together or holiday party. If you are lucky, you can just keep sucking down the bourbon if it is a family gathering. If you are making these for a tailgate, you might as well take the open bottle of bourbon along as well.
Now you can be fancy and have little cocktail toothpicks. To be frank, I can’t ever get the little weenies captured by a toothpick. So, I just dig into the cocktail sausages with a fork. My life is easier this way.Go ahead and put the little smokies and some bourbon on your grocery list. My Kroger has been running low on apple jelly this time of year, so go ahead and snag several jars of it when you find it.
- 2, 12- ounce packages of cocktail sausages
- 1, 12- ounce jar of apple jelly
- 1/4 cup of Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1/4 cup of Jim Beam Apple Bourbon or regular Jim Beam Bourbon
In a 3-quart crock pot, combine all the ingredients.
Stir to combine.
Cook on high for 2 hours.
Keep warm while you serve on the low or warm setting.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Find other great recipes at the weekly Meal Plan.