This Candy Cane Margarita is the perfect drink to celebrate the holidays! It's easy to make and has all those delicious peppermint tones that you love. Plus, it's a great way to get into the Christmas spirit!
We'll show you how to make this festive margarita below. Cheers!
The Candy Cane Margarita is the ideal holiday cocktail for any celebration! This festive drink is perfect for everything from Christmas parties to New Year's Eve celebrations.
It has all the classic flavors of a margarita, with an added peppermint twist that will make your guests feel extra merry and bright.
Plus, it pairs perfectly with some classic holiday foods like gingerbread cookies and roast turkey.
- Ingredients for a Candy Cane Margarita
- Instructions for How to Make a Candy Cane Margarita
- What are Some Variations on This Christmas Margarita?
- Is this Holiday Margarita Vegan?
- Is this Christmas Margarita Gluten-Free?
- Tips for Making the Best Margarita for the Holidays
- Tips for Making Chillier Cocktails
- Home Bar Equipment
- How to Store Cocktails
- More Margarita Recipes You'll Love
- Candy Cane - Rita
Ingredients for a Candy Cane Margarita
As with any cocktail recipe, there are a few ingredients necessary to get your candy cane margarita in your glass and ready to sip! These are the ingredients:
- Peppermint Vodka
- Simple Syrup
- Crushed Candy Cane
- Triple Sec
See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for quantities.
Instructions for How to Make a Candy Cane Margarita
Pour together in Immersion cup, add the vodka.
Then add the tequila.
Add the crushed peppermint, simple syrup and Triple Sec.
Blend together with Immersion blender.
Dip rim of glass into simple syrup.
Now dip into crushed candy cane. Alternatively, drizzle some writing icing around the edge of the glass. I was out of crushed peppermint, so that's what I did.
Pour frozen cocktail into margarita drinking glass.
What are Some Variations on This Christmas Margarita?
This Candy Cane Margarita can be easily adapted to suit your tastes or preferences. If you want to add some extra sparkle and fizz then try topping it off with a splash of sparkling wine or sparkling water before serving.
You can also substitute the tequila for vodka, rum, or even white wine if you're looking for something a little less boozy. If you want to make it a bit more festive then try adding some fresh cranberries or even mini candy canes for garnish.
No matter how you decide to customize it, this Christmas Margarita will be sure to please!
So if you're looking for a festive holiday cocktail that's sure to get everyone in the Christmas spirit, look no further than this Candy Cane Margarita. It's easy to make, delicious to drink and perfect for any occasion. Here's wishing you a very merry holiday season!
Is this Holiday Margarita Vegan?
Yes! This Holiday Margarita is vegan-friendly. All of the ingredients used to make this drink are plant-based and free from any animal products. So, if you’re looking for a delicious vegan winter cocktail, this one is perfect for you!
Is this Christmas Margarita Gluten-Free?
Yes! This Christmas Margarita is gluten-free. All of the ingredients used to make this drink are naturally free from gluten, so it’s a great option if you’re looking for a delicious and gluten-free winter cocktail.
Tips for Making the Best Margarita for the Holidays
- Use high-quality tequila for the best flavor.
- If you don't have access to peppermint syrup, use a teaspoon of crushed candy canes and a few drops of peppermint extract instead.
- To make it extra festive, add some mini candy cane pieces as garnish.
- Have all your ingredients pre-measured before you begin mixing.
- If the margarita is too sweet for your taste, add a splash of lime juice to balance the flavor.
Tips for Making Chillier Cocktails
The heat of the summer can quickly make your cocktails warm. Here are a few tips for keeping your cocktails cool.
- Freeze your Booze - Keep your vodka and triple sec in the freezer in the summer. It will make your booze more syrupy but the cocktail is ice cold.
- Chill your Juices - Always have your mixers in the fridge. This means your juices too. Don't just keep your unopened juices on the shelf.
- Refrigerate your Fruit - When using citrus, pop it in the fridge to chill it as well. It can act as ice cubes. While this recipe doesn't call for non-citrus fruit, using frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit also helps keep drinks chilled.
Home Bar Equipment
Having a well-stocked home bar with the equipment to make cocktails whenever you desire is important for the cocktail enthusiast. Build your bar for the perfect whiskey drinks with a few of my favorite items to make great drinks with great tools.
How to Store Cocktails
This cocktail is super easy to make, but you can make it ahead of time.
- Refrigerating Leftovers - You can store leftovers of the candy cane margarita in the fridge for up to three days. They'll be melted, of course, but still tasty.
- Freezing Leftovers - Frozen candy cane slushies can also be made with leftovers. Just pop the leftovers in a freezer bag and pull out later.
More Margarita Recipes You'll Love
This snowball margarita is one of my favorites, but it's not the only margarita game in town. There are so many variations on this classic cocktail that I just can't stop making them all! Here are some of the margaritas that I love most:
Candy Cane - Rita
- 1 Immersion Blender
- ½ oz. Peppermint Vodka
- 1 oz. Simple syrup
- 2 tablespoon Crushed Candy Cane
- 2 cups ice
- ½ oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz. Tequila
- Pour together in Immersion cup, Ice, Vodka, Tequila, Crushed Peppermint, Simple Syrup, and Triple Sec.½ oz. Peppermint Vodka, 1 oz. Simple syrup, 2 tablespoon Crushed Candy Cane, ½ oz Triple Sec, 1 oz. Tequila, 2 cups ice
- Blend together with Immersion blender.
- Dip rim of glass into simple syrup1 oz. Simple syrup
- Now dip into Crushed Candy cane or white crystal sugar.2 tablespoon Crushed Candy Cane
- Pour Frozen drink into Margarita glass.
- 20+ Frozen Mocktails for Every Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drink Lover - September 2, 2023
- 25+ Halloween Drinks for Kids to Make Their Spooky Season Fun - September 1, 2023
- 30+ Chocolate Cocktails and Drinks for Decadent Treats - August 31, 2023