On hot days I want a light refreshing cocktail. While I love a good vodka and soda water, sometimes I want a bit more flavor. Strawberry Lime Vodka Spritzer is a light and refreshing cocktail recipe with low-sugar content and perfect for someone looking for alcohol options on a low-carb or keto diet. I am drinking these all summer wrong. Well, I am drinking vodka and soda water with fruit more than all summer long.
I love a good vodka and soda water with lime. I also love infused vodkas like my strawberry basil-infused vodka. Some would say I have a vodka problem. What others see as I problem, I see as an opportunity. If you are a vodka lover like me, you are gonna love this strawberry lime vodka spritzer.
What is in a Vodka Spritzer?
- Strawberries - Fresh strawberries are going to be the best for this cocktail, but frozen can also be used if you can't find good fresh strawberries.
- Limes - Fresh limes sit on my counter at all times so I am always ready for a good cocktail. The lime juice is a perfect compliment to the strawberries. Plus lime juice is lower in sugars than many other fruit juices.
- Vodka - Like a martini, a high-end vodka is best for this cocktail. Whether it is Tito's or even a top shelf like Kettle One or Grey Goose, don't skimp on a cheap vodka for this cocktail.
- Soda water - You can splurge and even get lime-flavored sparkling water.
How to Make a Strawberry Lime Vodka Spritzer
The thing about this cocktail is the low amount of cocktails. I grab a mason jar and fill it halfway with fruit. Then cover the fruit with vodka. And let it marinate so to speak. After coming in from being outside for an afternoon or evening of weeding or corn picking or calf washing I fill the mason jar the rest of the way with soda water. And enjoy what simple ingredients have to offer.
However, if you are in a hurry to make this strawberry lime cocktail. Toss some sliced strawberries, lime juice, and limes in the cocktail shaker. Add the ice and the vodka. Then give it a shake
If you are on a low-carb diet but still drinking alcohol on occasion, I have some great low-carb cocktail recipes for you.
Strawberry Lime Vodka Spritzer
- 1 lime sliced
- 3-4 strawberries sliced
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 4 ounces of soda water
- ice to fill
- Place half of the fruit in your favorite glass with ice.
- Add the remainder of the fruit in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and the vodka. Shake for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour over the fruit and ice in your cocktail glass.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with ice and soda water.
- Drink it up!