Peanut Butter whiskey has become all the rage over the last few years. It is the single most requested cocktail ingredient. No one can figure out just what to do with it. Then I discovered just what to do with it when I recently visited Hard Truth Distillery near Nashville, Indiana. Peanut Butter Whiskey and Jelly cocktail is the liquid version of everyone's favorite sandwich that combines orange bitters, pomegranate juice, and sparkling water with the peanut butter whiskey. The drink even gave you a faint tasting of the soft white bread. You will definitely want to try this peanut butter whiskey cocktail.
Simple ingredients that are very similar to what can be used in a lot of whiskey cocktails make this a great cocktail. Plus if you like old fashion cocktails, this peanut butter and jelly cocktail is sure to be a cocktail you enjoy.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cocktail Ingredients
The star of the cocktail is the peanut butter whiskey, but it also contains a host of citrus flavors and one special juice as well. Here is what you need to make this slightly sweet peanut butter and jelly whiskey cocktail:
- Peanut Butter Whiskey - There are a lot more peanut butter whiskeys on the market now. The local to me distillery makes a great one. Hard Truth Peanut Butter Whiskey can be found in grocery stores across many states. Be on the lookout for it.
- Orange Bitters - I was skeptical of these orange bitters, but they offer more than juice orange juice and now have them on hand for many different cocktails.
- Lemon Juice - Freshly squeezed lemon juice is a necessary addition. It helps bring the sweetness out in the pomegranate and gives the cocktail a more strawberry jam flavor.
- Pomegranate Juice - The 100% POM Juice is what I use for this. While I know you are thinking why don't you use grape juice or even strawberry jam, trust me when I say this will still taste very much like a strawberry jam peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Sparkling water - Top off the cocktail with a bit of fizz if you like. This can totally be omitted but does offer a great effervescence to the cocktail.
This whiskey cocktail is a stirred not shaken cocktail. So start with your large cocktail mixing glass. Add ice to the glass. Then pour the pomegranate juice, lemon juice, orange bitters, and peanut butter whiskey over the ice.
Stir to completely combine and just begin to allow for the ice to melt. Then with a cocktail strainer power into a cocktail glass with ice. Top off with sparkling water if you so desire. Finally, use a simple garnish of orange peel and a maraschino cherry.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cocktail
- 2 shots Peanut Butter Whiskey
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 shot Pomegranate juice
- 4-5 shakes orange bitters
- ¼ cup sparkling water
- 1 orange peel
- 1 maraschino cherry
- In a cocktail stirring glass, add ice. Then pour the peanut butter whiskey, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, and orange bitters over the ice.
- Stir the cocktail together to combine.
- Pour the cocktail straining out the stirring glass ice into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Top off with sparkling water and garnish with orange peel and a maraschino cherry.