Looking for a festive and delicious drink to enjoy this Christmas? Look no further than this cranberry margarita! It's fast and easy to make, and it's sure to please everyone who tries it.
Plus, it's the perfect size for one person - so you can enjoy it all by yourself or with your closest friends. Cheers!
The cranberry margarita is the perfect cocktail to enjoy during the holiday season. It's festive and flavorful, with just enough sweetness to make it a great accompaniment for any Christmas or New Year celebrations.
Whether you're hosting an intimate gathering or throwing a big party, this delicious drink will be sure to please everyone who tries it.
The tartness of this cocktail pairs well with many different types of food. Salty appetizers like chips and dip are especially good alongside this drink since they bring out its sweet flavor.
If you're looking for something more substantial, try pairing your cranberry margarita with grilled chicken or shrimp tacos - the combination is sure to tantalize your taste buds!
For dessert, why not opt for some freshly-baked cookies? The creamy texture and subtle sweetness will balance out the tartness of this delightful beverage perfectly.
Ingredients for a Cranberry Margarita
As with any cocktail recipe, there are a few ingredients necessary to get your cranberry margarita cocktail in your glass and ready to sip! These are the ingredients:
- Triple Sec
- Cranberry Vodka
- Silver Tequila
- Cranberry Juice
- Simple Syrup (optional)
- Silver Sanding Sugar (optional)
Instructions to Make a Cranberry Margarita on the Rocks
In cocktail shaker, add in Triple Sec, Vodka, Tequila and Simple Syrup.
Add in the Cranberry Juice.
Shake together for a couple minutes.
Dip top of your glass into simple Syrup.
Follow up by dipping the glass into Silver Sanding Sugar.
Pour mixed drink into decorated glass.
What Are Some Variations on This Cranberry Margarita Recipe?
This recipe is incredibly versatile so you can adjust it to suit your own tastes. If you're looking for a sweeter drink, try adding an orange or lemon wedge when mixing the ingredients.
For a more tart flavor, use lime juice in addition to the cranberry juice. You can also add a shot of tequila or vodka if you'd like a stronger alcoholic kick. If you prefer non-alcoholic drinks, try using club soda or sparkling water in place of the tequila, triple sec and vodka.
No matter what type of margarita you prefer, this cranberry version is sure to be a hit at your upcoming holiday parties. Cheers!
Tips for Making Chillier Cocktails
The heat of the summer can quickly make your cocktails warm. Here are a few tips for keeping your cocktails cool.
- Freeze your Booze - Keep your vodka and triple sec in the freezer in the summer. It will make your booze more syrupy but the cocktail is ice cold.
- Chill your Juices - Always have your mixers in the fridge. This means your juices too. Don't just keep your unopened juices on the shelf.
- Refrigerate your Fruit - When using citrus, pop it in the fridge to chill it as well. It can act as ice cubes. While this recipe doesn't call for non-citrus fruit, using frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit also helps keep drinks chilled.
Home Bar Equipment
Having a well-stocked home bar with the equipment to make cocktails whenever you desire is important for the cocktail enthusiast. Build your bar for the perfect whiskey drinks with a few of my favorite items to make great drinks with great tools.
How to Store Cocktails
This cocktail is super easy to make, but you can make it ahead of time.
- Refrigerating Leftovers - You can store leftovers of the apple cider cocktail in the fridge for up to three days.
- Freezing Leftovers - Frozen apple cider whiskey slushies can also be made with leftovers. Just pop the leftovers in a freezer bag and pull out later.
More Margarita Recipes You'll Love
This cranberry margarita is one of my favorites, but it's not the only margarita game in town. There are so many variations on this classic cocktail that I just can't stop making them all! Here are some of the margaritas that I love most:
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- ½ oz Triple Sec
- ½ oz Cranberry Vodka
- ½ oz Silver Tequila
- ½ oz Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Cranberry Juice
- 1 tablespoon Simple Syrup Optional
- 2 tablespoon Silver Sanding Sugar Optional
- In Cocktail Shaker, Add in Triple Sec, Vodka, Tequila, Simple Syrup and Cranberry Juice.½ oz Triple Sec, ½ oz Cranberry Vodka, ½ oz Silver Tequila, ½ oz Simple Syrup, 1 oz Cranberry Juice
- Shake together for a couple minutes.
- Dip top of Margarita glass into simple Syrup1 tablespoon Simple Syrup
- Follow up by dipping the glass into Silver Sanding Sugar.2 tablespoon Silver Sanding Sugar
- Pour Mixed drink into Decorated glass.
- 20+ Frozen Mocktails for Every Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drink Lover - September 2, 2023
- 25+ Halloween Drinks for Kids to Make Their Spooky Season Fun - September 1, 2023
- 30+ Chocolate Cocktails and Drinks for Decadent Treats - August 31, 2023