Blackberry Moscow Mules are just what summer order with the combination of blackberry-infused vodka with ginger beer and lime juice, topped with mint and fresh blackberries to make one of my favorite Moscow Mule recipes. If you love ginger and blackberry, then this Moscow Mule is for you. For lovers of all things Moscow Mule you will need to check out the Peach Moscow Mule, Apple Cider Moscow Mules, and Cranberry Moscow Mule recipe.
Now, the original Moscow Mule originated from using two things a bar in Hollywood had too much of at the time: Smirnoff Vodka and ginger beer. Those copper mugs used to hold the beloved Moscow Mules are also just a prop to make this cocktail stand out. No joke. That is all. Over the years this now-famous ginger beer cocktail has had many variations and the blackberry version will soon become one of yours.
Blackberry Moscow Mule Ingredients
- Blackberry-Infused Vodka - A local to Indiana distillery, Cardinal Spirits, has this fantastic Bramble which is a black raspberry and hibiscus infused vodka. If you cannot find a Bramble to use in this recipe, you can mash a few blackberries in a cocktail shaker and then combine them with vodka. Shake and then strain for your blackberry-infused vodka.
- Ginger Beer - Crabby's is my go-to ginger beer. There are lots of good brands as well as non-alcoholic versions of ginger beer. The ginger beer you like will work.
- Fresh Blackberries - Big, plump blackberries are a great garnish. Black raspberries will also work perfectly fine in this recipe.
- Limes - Lime juice and lime rounds or wedges are both needed. One for the cocktail and one for the garnish. If you are just making one mule, one lime. But does anyone really just make one Moscow Mule?
- Mint Leaves - Is it really a Moscow Mule without mint leaves? Fresh mint is a prolific weed at my house at this point.
How to Make the Blackberry Moscow Mules Recipe
The best way to make Moscow Mules are in the mug directly. Grab your copper mug and add ice. Follow these four easy steps put this blackberry Moscow Mule together.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the mug over the ice and drop a round of lime on the ice.
- Pour the Bramble over the ice.
- Top off with the ginger beer.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries and mint then stir to combine.
Blackberry Moscow Mule Recipe
- 1 bottle of Ginger Beer
- 2 shots bramble vodka
- 2 limes
- Fresh blackberries
- Mint leaves
- Fill two copper mugs with ice.
- Cut one lime in half and juice one half into each mug.
- Pour two ounces of bramble vodka.
- Fill each mug with one bottle of ginger beer.
- Add mint leaves to each mug.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with lime slices and fresh blackberries.