As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It should be no surprise to anyone that I have a love for Kahlua. Coffee flavored liquor. Yes, please. Well, when a friend of mine introduced me to Kahlua and brie together, my life has been forever changed. This simple four-ingredient recipe delivers with this baked Kahlua Pecan Brie. A perfect appetizer or dessert when served with apple slices.
Baked Kahlua Pecan Brie
The base of this is the brie. I normally can get a 5-inch brie round at any grocery store. Remove the rind off the top of the cheese. Mix Kahlua and brown sugar together to form a thick syrup.
Chop and toast pecans. Now, you have all the ingredients ready. Time to get the party started. Place the round in an oven safe dish. I use a pie pan. Top the brie with the chopped and toasted pecans. Pour the Kahlua and brown sugar over top of the pecans.
Then put the brie in the oven and wait for the magic to happen. It will get ooey-gooey over the next few minutes. Be careful so it does not get too soft and become a big solid plate of melted cheese. Not that I have ever forgotten about the brie in the oven in order to know this will happen. Then when it is just soft enough, pull it out.
The next time you need an easy appetizer but don’t have the time to make something elaborate, impress your friends with this fancy baked Kahlua pecan brie. If you are looking for a more savory baked brie recipe, be sure to check out the caramelized onion baked brie crescent round.
Kahlua Pecan Brie
- 1 - 8 ounce brie round
- 1/3 cup chopped and toasted pecans
- 1 ounce or 2 Tablespoons of Kahlua
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Cut the top rind off of the brie and place in a pie dish.
- Place chopped and toasted pecans on top of brie.
- Stir the Kahlua and brown sugar together and pour over top the pecans and brie.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or the cheese is soft.
- Serve with sliced apples or pears, crackers, butter cookies or melba toast.