As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you can’t go to a tropical location, you might as well make yourself a tropical drink. On a hot summer day, nothing beats a big pitcher of pineapple mojitos.
For those of you have not had a mojito, it is a simple Carribean cocktail containing rum, simple syrup, lime juice, club soda and mint leaves. It is light and refreshing. Naturally, when I had some fresh pineapple in the fridge, I decided to take a simple mojito up a notch.
I also believe you might as well make a pitcher of cocktails in the summer. Inevitably someone will stop by the farm and need to have a drink too. Plus, who has only one cocktail on a Saturday afternoon.
Simply start with a pitcher adding chunks of fresh pineapple and slices of lime and lime juice. Pour the rum over top of the pineapple and then simple syrup. Simple syrup is just sugar and water, heated to combine to dissolve and form a syrup. You can make a simple syrup with my vanilla simple syrup recipe just leave out the vanilla bean. Add mint leaves to the combination. Fill the rest of the pitcher with ice and top off with club soda.
If you want the pineapple flavor to be stronger, you could also add a bit of pineapple juice. I love to drink pineapple mojitos in highball glasses. I just feel all fancy with highball glasses. Then just enjoy the cocktail as you enjoy the summer day.
Pineapple Mojitos by the Pitcher
- 1 cup chunks of fresh pineapple with juice
- 4 limes 2 sliced and 2 juiced
- 1/2 cup of simple syrup
- 1 cup of rum
- 4 stems of mint leaves removed from two stems
- Club Soda
- *Extra pineapple juice for a more intense pineapple flavor
- In a pitcher combine, rum, pineapple, limes and lime juice, simple syrup, and mint leaves.
- Stir to combine.
- Add ice and top off with club soda.
Check out other great recipes on the Weekend Potluck!
Affiliate Links were used in this post.
Latest posts by Leah Beyer (see all)
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate – Kahlua or Baileys Hot Chocolate - November 30, 2019
- Sparkling Ginger Apple Cider Sangria - November 17, 2019
- Frozen Mudslides – Boozy Chocolate Milkshake - October 26, 2019