As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Let me be honest, this was not my brainchild. A colleague of mine who is also a lover of all things booze. He told me about this amazing drink his wife created. The combination of a pumpkin ale with vanilla ale in a caramel and cinnamon sugar rim was a brilliant combination. An addicting combination, to be honest, in this vanilla pumpkin ale mule. So, with permission, I bring you this very tasty vanilla pumpkin ale mule.
I am sure there are plenty of pumpkin ales out in the market in the fall. Lots of local breweries make them. I bought a sampler pack of craft beers Samuel Adams made for the season. In this variety pack was a 20 Pounds of Pumpkin beer. I decided this would be the beer I tried this recipe out on.
Once you have the decadent caramel and sugared rim, start by pouring in one shot of vanilla vodka. For the coldest cocktail, be sure to keep the vodka in the freezer.
Follow the vanilla vodka with the pumpkin beer. Don’t worry if there is a little beer head, it will go down. The combination of the pumpkin flavor with the traditional fall spices combine perfectly with the vanilla vodka. And of course, takes the alcohol content up a notch.
You can thank me for this amazing recipe. Let me know what your favorite pumpkin is too. I would love to try others.
Try the Vanilla Pumpkin Ale Mule
- 1 Pumpkin beer
- 1 shot of vanilla vodka
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar
- Start by rimming a high ball glass with caramel by pouring the caramel on a small plate and turning the glass upside down and twisting the glass through it. Do the same thing with the cinnamon sugar once the caramel is on the rim.
- Dump one shot of vanilla in the glass.
- Pour one pumpkin beer into the glass with vodka in it.
Affiliate links were used in this post.