This Vodka Press cocktail is an easy drink recipe that will wow your guests at your next party.
This delicious drink is fast and simple to make, and one of the classic cocktails every home bartender should know. So grab a shaker and let's get started!
The Vodka Press is the perfect cocktail to serve at any special occasion. Whether you are hosting a wedding, birthday party, anniversary or other celebration, this delicious drink is sure to be a hit. It is also an ideal option for casual get-togethers such as barbecues and backyard gatherings.
This versatile drink pairs well with many food dishes, and can be easily customized to suit any taste. I particularly enjoy a Vodka Press with a spicy dish, such as tacos or chili.
Ingredients for a Vodka Press Cocktail
Why is a Vodka Press such a simple drink? Why, because there are only 3 ingredients!
Of course, you can customize your Vodka Press by adding a few drops of bitters, a squeeze of lime juice or some fresh herbs. But here's the basic Vodka Press ingredients:
- Tonic Water
See the recipe card below for quantities.
Can You Use Sprite Instead of 7-Up?
You can use Sprite instead of 7-Up, however, your drink will not have the same flavor. The complex citrus flavors in 7-Up are essential to get the distinct taste of a Vodka Press. If you do want to substitute Sprite for 7-Up, we would suggest adding some lime juice or other citrus juice to provide a similar flavor.
What Can You Replace Tonic Water With?
If you don't have tonic water, you can substitute with seltzer or club soda. The flavor of the Vodka Press will not be quite as pronounced as with tonic water, but it will still be a tasty drink.
Instructions to Make a Vodka Press
Measure out the vodka.
Add in the 7-up.
Add in a splash of Tonic water to top it off.
Mix well together, with Ice in shaker glass.
Tips And Tricks to Make the Perfect Vodka Press Cocktail
- Change up the vodka for a different spirit. Gin, bourbon or rum all work well in this recipe.
- For an extra-smooth cocktail, opt for high quality vodka and tonic water.
- Add a few drops of bitters to give your drink an interesting twist.
- To make a Vodka Press more festive, add a few slices of fresh fruit or a sprig of mint.
- If you prefer sweeter drinks, try adding a drizzle of simple syrup.
- Serve with plenty of ice to keep your drink cold and refreshing.
Home Bar Equipment
Having a well-stocked home bar with the equipment to make cocktails whenever you desire is important for the cocktail enthusiast. Build your bar for the perfect whiskey drinks with a few of my favorite items to make great drinks with great tools.
How to Store Cocktails
This cocktail is super easy to make, but you can make it ahead of time.
- Refrigerating Leftovers - You can store leftovers of the vodka press cocktail in the fridge for up to three days.
- Freezing Leftovers - Frozen vodka press slushies can also be made with leftovers. Just pop the leftovers in a freezer bag and pull out later.
- 1 cocktail glass
- 2 oz 7up
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 splash Tonic water
- In glass, combine 7up, Vodka.2 oz 7up, 1 oz Vodka
- Add in a splash of Tonic water to top it off.1 splash Tonic water
- Shake together.
- 20+ Frozen Mocktails for Every Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drink Lover - September 2, 2023
- 25+ Halloween Drinks for Kids to Make Their Spooky Season Fun - September 1, 2023
- 30+ Chocolate Cocktails and Drinks for Decadent Treats - August 31, 2023