Whether it is from Steak 'N Shake or Culvers, mint Oreo milkshakes are a favorite flavor of milkshake in this house. After spending a small fortune on these green milkshakes, I have created the mint chocolate milkshakes home. Mint Oreo Milkshakes combine creme de menthe syrup, ice cream, milk, and oreo cookies to make the smooth and creamy mint chocolate milkshake. It is so easy and so yummy there is almost no reason to go get one from a restaurant. Almost.
What is in a Mint Oreo Milkshake?
Making a mint Oreo shake isn't hard. Finding mint syrup is hard.
So here is what you need to make this mint Oreo milkshake:
- Mint Syrup - This is done with creme de menthe syrup. So repeated searching for mint syrup isn't going to work. Instead, just search for creme de menthe syrup.
- Ice Cream - Vanilla bean ice cream is best for this milkshake. Any brand will work. I have favorite brands like Tillamook or Blue Bell. But even I buy store brand ice cream.
- Milk - To help liquefy the milkshake, a splash or two of milk is necessary to help make this shake.
- Oreo Cookies - Chocolate sandwich cookies aren't required, but you will love them in them. Chocolate chips can also be used. Or not.
- Whipped Cream - Top off this mint Oreo milkshake with some whipped cream.
- Maraschino cherries - A milkshake isn't done until the cherry is on top.
How to make a mint Oreo milkshake?
To make this mint shake, combine the creme de menthe, ice cream, and milk in the blender. Drop the Oreo cookies in and blend.
Pour the milkshake into a tall glass. Then top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Now, if you are looking for the boozy version of this mint shake, you will need to try the grasshopper. This is a mint chocolate milkshake made with creme de menthe and creme de cacao.
Frozen Drink Recipes
Love frozen drinks from slushies to milkshakes? We have you covered with great frozen drink recipes.
Baileys Strawberries and Cream Milkshake - Strawberry Vodka Milkshake
Mint Oreo Milkshake
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup creme de menthe syrup
- 3 oreo cookies
- ¼ cup milk
- whipped cream optional
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Combine the ice cream, creme de menthe syrup, and milk in a blender.
- Blend to combine, stopping to stir as needed. Add the Oreo at the end and blend again
- Pour into cups and top with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
- Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail - October 7, 2022
- Apple Cider Amaretto Sour - September 30, 2022
- Island Lemonade Punch - August 21, 2022
Leave a Reply