What is it about pumpkin spice lattes that makes America go crazy each year. It isn’t like pumpkin spice isn’t available all year long. But for some reason the popular coffee shop has made us all drooling for the first day of fall at their stores so we can get our hands on a pumpkin spice latte. Well, I mastered my own crock pot pumpkin spice latte. Add a little RumChata to take it up a notch for a warm fall cocktail.
Brewed coffee with milk and cream with actual pumpkin plus pumpkin pie spice brings this drink to life and singing the flavors of fall. Wanting to make it a little stronger, add a shot of RumChata. I am telling you people, it is ah-making. It is as if RumChata was made to be in pumpkin spice latte.
Last weekend we hosted a wedding reception on our farm. Yes, behind our house was a 100′ by 40′ tent. That is what you call love for someone. As we prepped for the wedding reception, my girlfriend and I sucked these down since it was a chilly day with wind an drizzle. Knowing the crock pot was keeping these lattes warm as worked was incredibly motivating. The shot of RumChata in the latte happened by accident. I am telling you, on accident. Maybe.
The shot of RumChata in the latte happened by accident. I am telling you, on accident. Maybe. Regardless, these pumpkin lattes are amazing with our without the RumChata.
If you have leftover coffee from this morning, don’t dump it out. Just go dump it in the crock pot and add the rest of the ingredients.
- 4 cups of coffee
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of half and half cream
- ¼ cup of pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 8 shots of RumChata - optional
- Whipped Cream
- Pour the coffee, milk, cream, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice into a crock pot.
- Cook on high for an hour and stir. Turn to low and continue to cook until hot.
- Ladle into mugs. Leave room for a shot of RumChata if using and add RumChata to the mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice.